On Thursday 03 June 2004 07:52 pm, Carl Brown wrote:

> I made the stupid mistake of running an apt-get upgrade from a "Root
> Console - Konsole" session within KDE. This effectively prevented the
> upgrade of all KDE components in use at the time, while upgrading others.

Actually, I've done that lots of times without issue at all.  I think I even
upgraded to KDE 3.2.2 while actively using KDE 3.1.x.

It never has seemed to be an issue, though I freely admit it's not hard to
conceive of breaking something in this fashion.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/