Hi folks,

I have now a working Linux system with an acceptable GUI and a broadband link for communication, all with freely available software. But without application software, they don't mean much. I'm looking for good application software in the areas of hardware and software design.

In hardware design, I'm looking for  E-CAD for analog and digital circuit design and simulation. Does SPICE run on Linux?

In software design, I'm looking for development environment for C/C++-based programs.

Recommendations and links to suitable sites would be appreciated.

Cheers