Hello,

I want to limit the speed of ramdisks so they are not running `as fast
as possible'.

This is so I can perform some experiments with parallel reads (e.g.
RAID-0) without involving hard disks, and be able to see speed
improvements.

Does anyone know if this is possible? I am using `old style' ramdisks
(/dev/ram*) currently. Failing that, does anyone know which procedures
should be augmented with delays to simulate slower drives? I may resort
to writing a patch myself.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/