On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:58:36 +0100
Thomas Adam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 11:50:07AM -0500, Jacob S. wrote:
>
> Please see my reply to this.
>
> > "dpkg --get-selections >& /file/to/output.txt"
>
> There is no need to shunt stderr as well, since if anything is
> written to it (unlikely), it will taint the file.

True. Just a (potentially bad) habit I've gotten into for piping output
from GUI stuff into a text file.

> > "cat /file/to/output.txt | dpkg --set-selections"
> >
> > "apt-get upgrade"
>
> No, you *must* do: apt-get dselect-upgrade.

Yep, thanks for the correction. Looks like I should have done "man
apt-get" in addition to recommending "man dpkg". :-)

> > (man dpkg for more information.)

Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #29:
Do you remember when you only had to pay for Windows when *you* were the
one that broke them?