On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 10:28:09PM +1000, Paul Gear wrote:

> Is it fairly common, then, that packages only create their config files,
> and don't include them in the package originally.  I can see times when

Of course it is. There are *hundreds* of files that are created in this
manner, usually brought about because they're created by the very programs in
other packages, and so there is no way of ever supplying the files in the
first place.

> that would lead to confusion.  Is there another way to find out where a
> file belongs?

No, since any answer would be completely erroneous.

-- Thomas Adam
--
"Frankly, Mr. Shankly, since you ask. You are a flatulent pain in
the arse." -- Morrissey.