Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 the mental interface of
Elimar Riesebieter told:

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 the mental interface of
John Harrold told:

I have a delima. My root partition is about 24Gb and it's full. The problem
is that I cannot figure out what is taking up the space. If I goto '/' and
run 'du -x' it says that about 500Mb are being used. This is about what I
would expect. Now If I run 'df' it says the partition is 100% full. Is
there any way to check for unlinked files which are taking up space or
something like that? I'm quite baffled here. This computer is running
sarge.

$ du-sh | sort -n

Sorry
$ du -s(h|m|k) * | sort -n
        ^ ^ ^
        choose what ever you want ;-)

Elimar

Don't use -h, it will sort wierdly, ie 800K will sort as larger than 400M.