Am Do, den 09.09.2004 schrieb Tong um 22:03:
> Hi,
>
> My DVD player supports playing MP3 CDs. I'm wondering how can I burn my
> MP3s as MP3s (instead of WAVs), so that I can play them in my DVD player.
>
> Thanks

Are you asking about how to convert .wav to .mp3? Then add

deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ stable main

(replace "stable" with "unstable" or "testing if you're using testing or
unstable) to your /etc/apt/sources.list, and

# apt-get update
# apt-get install lame
# man lame

and learn how to convert .wav to .mp3. If you want to rip whole CD's to
mp3 format, you shold

# apt-get install jack

Jack is a command line CD ripping tool. It rips the CD, converts them to
mp3 and renames and tags the files with information from freedb. Very
recommended (I used it for my whole CD collection, >300 CDs).

joerg

--
Gib GATES keine Chance!