On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Stefan Drees wrote:

> Hi,
> i´m using debian for now two years and i created lots of servers for our
> customers.
> I also tried to create an very small debian install with postfix, bind,
> dhcp, webmin,
> squid etc. I was able to cut it down to 100 MB but i want it make smaller.
> Are there any infos about creating an embedded system with debian or
> tips to make
> it smaller, also to hold it small :-) (log files etc.).
> I need also the possibilty (for the local admin) to administrate the
> server via web.
> I installed webmin, but with only the needed modules = 20 MB, any
> suggestions to get it
> also smaller?
>
> Thanks in advance for all links and tips.

Each webmin module has lang and help sub-directories with translations.
Also the main directory of each module has config.info.* files for each
language.  Deleting the languages you don't need will slim things down a
lot.  Also the msc3 theme (/usr/share/webmin/msc3theme) is unnecessary and
can be deleted.  (Be sure to change the webmin config to reflect this.)
Using the .deb packages is not going to be easy so you might be better off
just creating your own custom webmin setup in /usr/local.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>