On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 11:27:06 -0600, Rich Wellner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Wim De Smet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I must say I think that every user that uses this operating system should
> > have the basic capabilities to do this stuff. If you do not, maybe it is
> > time for you to learn them. You need to learn how to use the system you
> > have, not try to dumb everything down.
>
> It isn't a matter of dumbing things down.  It's a matter of having the
> conceptually easy stuff be easy to do and having the conceptually difficult
> stuff be possible.
>
> It seems that you are running debian instead of building everything from
> sources yourself, so you apparently believe this as well at some level.
>
> All computers should be as difficult as necessary to use, but no more.

My point is that I don't find running make-jpkg on sun.bin and then
installing it hard to do. But perhaps it can be easier. You might
theoretically be able to make an installer package that downloads the
sun binaries for you and shows you the license. The problems with that
are however a matter for someone's legal department.

In short this is not really a problem since it's comparatively easy to
do and it's surely not debian's problem. It's sun's and they should be
the ones to fix it. So in any case, the OP is barking up the wrong
tree.

greets,
Wim