Hi everyone.  I'm running Debian Sarge with kernel 2.6.8-1-686 (from
the deb kernel package).  I just bought a USB drive enclosure with a
drive that I wish to mount in Debian.  I'm not sure what I need to do
to make this happen.

I plugged the unit into the USB port but I didn't see anything appear
in the syslog.  I also did "modprobe usb-storage" which also appeared
to do nothing.  I know the drive and enclosure are good since I was
able to use it on a Windows box.  USB is enabled in my BIOS settings.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work?  I'm not sure what I need
to look at next.

--
Matt Perry | matt at primefactor dot com