Colin wrote:

Ionut Georgescu wrote:
default=Linux-2.4.27
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.27-2-686
       label=Linux-2.4.27
        append="initrd=image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.27-2-686"
        read-only

I thought initrd can go on a line of its own like:

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.27-2-686
        label=Linux-2.4.27
        initrd=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.27-2-686
        read-only

Well, I use grub now so my memory could be fading. ;-)

that last sentence is correct with woody. on one hard disk i still use woody. as backup for work. if you do under woody a kernel upgrade you had better install initrd-tools before allthough not strictly necessary at that moment.

steef