Simon Jolly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does anyone know if it possible to Debian  (woody or sarge) on the
> Fujitsu-Siement Primergy RX100-S2?
>
> I have read an earlier post where a solution is to disable the Promise SATA
> RAID controller and use an added 3ware controller instead:

> My question is, has anyone been able to get it to work with the Promise
> controller that it ships with?

Did you read that posting to debian-user? The Promise
controller was diabled, because "it sucks". When I
installed Debian on RX100 the promise controller was
supported by the kernel - but you cannot configure the
RAID from Linux, and you cannot monitor it from Linux.

Do yourself a favor and don't waste time with this crap -
or use Linux software RAID.

by
Töns
--