On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 04:51:15PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> /windows? that's a direct violation of the FHS. just being picky as
> you were.

does it?  i didn't think it did since the reason listed in the fhs for
not putting more stuff in / is to keep it small and thus less likely
to corrupt and/or fill.  also, reading through the fhs i don't see any
mention of /cdrom either, which is debian-provided in / and also a
mountpoint, right?  please correct me if i'm wrong!

that brings up a question i've been wondering:  is the FHS merely a
guideline that debian packages follow, or is it something that debian
users are also strongly recommended to follow as well?  granted i might
be a hypocrite for nitpicking one fhs violation and suggesting another,
but having /music symlinked to /usr/local/music saves my poor hands
unwanted keystrokes.

--sean