Joe Potter:

> When we get a Sarge release in a few days, we will get crazy behavior
> out of Sid for a while? I seem to remember that when Woody was released,
> updating in testing or Sid was a problem for a long time. Will that be
> the case again?

Nobody can say how seriously sid will break, but there will obviously
massive changes (X.org, KDE, Gnome, gcc? etc.).

The good thing is that there are already many packages which have been
quite well tested either in Ubuntu or in some experimental archive. For
example, I don't expect serious breakage when X.org is introduced. But
well, there are several thousand packages in Debian...

J.
--
I wish I could achieve a 'just stepped out of the salon' look more
often. Or at least once.