En/La michael ha escrit, a 08/06/05 13:21:
I note that it seems that aptitude is recommended over apt for Sarge. I
was wondering if it's as str forward as just using aptitude from now on?
Yup.
eg I do not have to rebuild anything the first time i use aptitude (ie
it uses the same dpkg info as apt - but in that case why is aptitude
recommended over and above apt?)

There's been a number of interesting threads on this list on that topic. why not have a look in the archives.
thanks
Cheers,
Jonathan