On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 03:32:31PM -0500, Jim Hall wrote:
> Sounds good. Next link in the chain, will I have to use 'dist-upgrade'?
> Those times I've used it have usually had bad results. If I can continue
> to manually repair what's 'held back', that seems safer to me.

A dist-upgrade should be relatively painless. But as it is software it
can break. First do update then a normal upgrade. Then try the
dist-upgrade. If your package manager threatens to upgrade or install
lots of packages and you don't like it, you can still abort and try
the manual approach.

Public GnuPG key: keyserver.net ID 0x1735C5C2
"Let your advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
 - Winston Churchill