On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 23:33:37 -0500
Kent West <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mr Mike wrote:
>
> >At some point my X Server began to 'restart' on it's own for no real
> >apparent rhyme or reason.  ie, the action that triggered the restart one
> >session could not always be duplicated in another one...  Simple things like
> >clinking the 'x' to close the window or clicking the background to bring up
> >a menu.  Like I said, really random and unpredictable.
> >

> My gut instinct is memory or overheating. "memtest" would be in order
> for the RAM; temp monitoring utilities might be in order for the heating.

It could be the cpu (maybe)...  I 'did' have a terrible memory stick and didn't
know it but has since been replaced and did full memtest (all 9 of them) on it
just about 5 days or so ago because I just wanted to make sure the memory
hadn't gone bad again..  If I can't blame it on something else, I'll try
upgrading CPU and see if that helps any...

Cheers: Mike

.. Now, a little humor compliments of Linux Fortune...