Shaya Potter:

> Not everyone's news server carries the linux.* hierachy, such as mine.

You could talk your news admin into arranging a special feed for it.
(I think one of the FAQ's or HOWTO's has contact information. If not,
I vaguely remember that Yggdrasil may be involved.)

> Would it be possible to instead of having linux.debian.*, have
> comp.os.linux.debian.*.

You might want to read news.announce.newgroups and start an RFD.
(It's not all that difficult, but it _will_ take time, and you
_will_ be flamed, for no reason at all.) Until someone does the
RFD work, all discussion about it is rather futile.

Not that comp.os.linux.debian will solve problems with this mailing
list, since it makes no sense at all to gateway this list and a
newsgroup in the Big 8. Newsgroups attract flamers, this list is
mostly civilised.