"Brian C. White" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Don't do this!!!  I tried this fix for netscape and it causes problems
> with 'man'.  It search X11, X11R6 and X386 directories for man pages so
> if you create a link like this, it will find all of you X manpages twice.
>
> The better solution is to add the -L flag to the compile line.

Agreed.

A little earlier in the thread (article's already gone) if was mentioned
you could add the -L/... flag to CFLAGS in a Makefile.  I'd like to
amend that: if the Makefile keeps LDFLAGS separately, as some do, it
belongs there instead, as a flag specifically to the linker.  Messed
this up just today :-)

--
Ed Donovan                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]