I have given the go-ahead for Debian 1.2 to be released. Currently
ftp.debian.org and the mirror at BNL have up-to-date archives. Other
mirrors are catching up, and we'll hold off on the release announcement
until they are in sync. Most critical is that your mirror have the
1996-12-8 boot floppy set, as the 1996-12-7 one was a mess.

You are welcome to jump the gun and get Debian 1.2 from the "frozen"
directory. I'd appreciate it if a good number of the regular crowd on
debian-user go through the installation procedure ASAP, so that you are
able to help out people who are just starting to use Debian.

As always, the Debian developers are grateful for the efforts of our
regular users on debian-user.

        Thanks

        Bruce
--
Bruce Perens K6BP   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Finger [EMAIL PROTECTED] for PGP public key.

This message was delayed because the list mail delivery agent was down.