> In your email to me, Hamish Moffatt, you wrote:
> > Weird, but inn will not load on startup for me.
> > /etc/init.d/inn looks correct, runs fine by hand for root
> > (although it doesn't specify a path, but adding that didn't
> > seem to help); it just doesn't run on startup. S21inn
> > exists in /etc/rc2.d as a symlink to /etc/init.d/inn.
> > Permissions all ok, etc.
> >
> Fore some reason, /etc/init.c/inn calls innd directly. I hacked mine
> to call rc.news, and all is well.

Mine runs /etc/news/boot. Actually, I tracked it down;
the history files were owned by root.root, not news.news,
so when it ran (as news) during startup it couldn't
read those files and aborted. Changing the ownership fixed it.

Of course, it's a bug that inn created its own history
files as root.root, not news.news ... :-(

hamish