> I've been installing, purging, etc several packages with dselect. After
> quitting I wanted to install some other thing and, to my surprise, ftp is
> no longer available as an Access method (just cdrom, nfs, harddisk,
> mounted, floppy). Probably I did something wrong when installing things,
> but what should I do now?

Hi,
I suppose you accidently purged dpkg-ftp. So reinstall the dpkg-ftp package
from your CDROM or download it from ftp.debian.org . You can install it for
example by dpkg -i <pkgname> . After reinstallation the ftp method should be
available again in dselect. If you can't get it to work email me !

Greetings,

                                Christian