On Tue, 24 Dec 1996, Gerry Jensen wrote:

> I had trouble with this too.  I believe one problem is that the host name
> of your machine must match the IP address of your machine.  Otherwise,

thank you for this information! I've had this problem too ;)

> And lastly, Sun's talk seems to be incompatible with just about every
> other OS's talk that I've tried, including Linux.  So, if you're trying to

At least on my schools sun's running SunOS, they've got at least two, but
I think three talk-clients. Maybe you should try some other.. When someone
requests a talk with me when I use my school's sun the talk daemon tells
me which talk-client to use.

  // Jonas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2:201/262.37]