On Tue, 18 Mar 1997, Greg Vence wrote:

> What are the pro's & con's of compiling into the kernal vs. loading a
> module?

Smaller kernel, more memory for apps.

> Where could I find docs on topic?

why, if you are running debian with kernel sources installed and the other
linux docs, its all right on your machine

/usr/src/Documentation/modules.txt
/usr/doc/HOWTO/Kernel-HOWTO.gz
/usr/doc/HOWTO/Modules-HOWTO.gz

and if you have the .deb kernel source package installed I imagine there
is some documentation in
/usr/doc/kernel-source/

> Thanx -- Greg.
> --
> Greg Vence              | Debian GNU Linux
> KH2EA/4                 | Diamond 2000 (7npw 4cpw)
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]    | There is time for what's important

No probs, just went through kernel compile and module hell myself.  just
kidding it isn't that bad, just read the docs.  I'm getting more patient
in my old age, and now that I've broken so many things because I didn't
read the docs first. ;-)

faxing with mgetty next on my list here....

Richard Morin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
       Goda's Truism: By the time you get to the  point  where  you  can
                      make ends meet, somebody moves the ends.