Rick Jones wrote:
>I should have been more specific, sorry.  I wanted to know if this
>secondary that is behind the firewall, IP masq'd, can be used as far as
>internic is concerned, or if they will reject it because of the IP
>masqing?

No, Internic will not allow two name servers with the same IP address. They
have good reasons for that, because if one machine goes down both name
servers disappears and nobody can look up MX records for your domain,
meaning that your inbound mail will bounce.

Name servers should be placed so that they have no common point of failure.

Mike.