I trying to set my default settings to 16bpp and 1024x768 but I get the
folowing errors:

SVGA: Maximum allowed dot-clock: 31.5 Mhz
SVGA: Clock mode for "1024x768" is too high for the configured hardware
        Limit is 31.5 Mhz

Do I have the clock mode limited because I didn't specify any clocks. I'm
still confused with the clock stuff. When I run xf86config I got a list of
clocks, but my video card is not on the list (the clock chipsets
or whatever are called)  How can I tell which clocks settings I'm allowed
to use?  Does it have something to do with the refresh rates?  Refresh
rates = clocks ?

I'm using a 17'' monitor, model CST7677L and the video card is a IGA1682
PCI VGA which has a TGUI9440-1 (Trident) chip.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Alberto Ruiz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]