On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Franck LE GALL - STAGIAIRE A FT.BD/CNET/DTD/PIH wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I m a new user of linux and I have a question
>
> I bought an Epson Stylus 600 and I have now idea how to print with it
> I would like to print both ascii and postscript files.

What you need is Ghostscript, a software level postscript emmulator.  The
version widely available for Linux is accualy second hand from a
commercial company (name?) generous (and smart) enough to routinely donate
their old versions to the public.  I have heard that this version has some
trouble supporting the new breed of Epson printers, which is too bad.  I
don't know off hand who is working on our version of gs.  This might be a
case where going with the commercial version would be worthwhile.  It is
presumably more compatible with modern printers.

__
I like six eggs when starting on a journey.  Fried - not poached.  And
mind you don't break 'em.  I won't eat a broken egg.
                                              -- Thorin Oakenshield