Hi everybody,

I am using Debian since two months. Last week I decided to make use of my
Soundblaster and I downloaded and compiled Kernel 2.1.43. Everything went
fine until I tried it out.

Some thing are working and some are not. I can use Xcdplayer or Xmixer. But
I can't use /dev/audio and /dev/dsp because they are always busy. No other
sound programs work too.

There are no errors shown (in boot message and /dev/sndstat), and I use the
same Soundblaster settings as in DOS.
I also checked files in /proc/ and there seems to be no IO, IRQ or DMA
conflicts.

Does anybody has a solution for this problem?

(Yes I have read FAQ's and Sound-HOWTO's but they couldn't help me.)

Bye,

Luka Pravica