I've noticed that both bo and hamm have bash as bash 2.0

I download bash 2.01 sources from the homepage. Then I tried to compile it,
but I didn't know what modifications to make.

Anyway, the result is that compiled file is much bigger, although it takes
up less space in memory. But when I run an xterm or rxvt, the keyboard map
won't load properly!

So what am I doing wrong?

The reason I am compiling a new bash is because with I have a problem with
the stock bash. When I reach the end of the line, the new line overtypes
the current line instead of moving to the next line. Is this a problem with
bash or readline or curses? With the compiled bash, I don't get this problem.

BG