Try using mcopy and mdel like this:

mcopy a:'*' .
mdel a:'*' .

It looks like mtools need both the source and destination, a simple
"mcopy a:" is not enough. The single quotes let * pass all the way to
mtools programs which then do the file name expansion.

Johnny Stevenson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After upgrading to Debian 1.3.1, I am now having a problem using some
> of the mtools operations.  The command 'mdir' works but 'mcopy a:' and
> 'mdel a:' produce the following error:
>
> This command cannot operate on "." or ".."
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions, appart from mounting/unmounting the
> drive for each floppy (which is a bit of a pain as I still use alot of
> floppies to move info around).

// Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland