Thanks for the reply (and the info), Jens.

Here's what I'm trying to do:

I've got one assigned Class C - 206.182.236.0 - which I've split using a
netmask of 255.255.255.224.

I'm using one subnet of 206.182.236.32 for my local LAN.  My Debian Linux
box is IP .33 and acts as a DialdD server to ISP as well as modem server for
two lines (these incoming PPP connects are in the same subnet - .32)

I have another subnet for another LAN in another building (.64).  This LAN
has an NT server that I'm using to dial into the Linux box and provide
routing to/from this subnet.

Problem is that this NT box sets up a netmask of 255.255.255.0 for the .32
subnet that it has connected to via PPP.  From this point on, all IP traffic
on the local subnet gets routed out the PPP connection.  (Pretty bad scene -
we've got 100Base-TX going into 33.6Kbps...)

Other than manually configuring the routing tables on the NT box, I'd like
to configure things automatically - thus my message about setting
netmasks....

Later,

Kevin Traas   Baan Business Systems
Systems Analyst  Langley, BC, Canada
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  (604) 882-8169
http://www.baan-bbs.ca
> Linux is not user-friendly.
It _is_ user-friendly.  It's just not ignorant-friendly or idiot-friendly.