Hi,
>>"Stef" == Stef Hoesli Wiederwald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Stef> But what do I do now? Edit all the other files as said in the
Stef> README and INSTALL and do a make world? Or is there a way to
Stef> compile a debian source package with dpkg?

        Get the Debian source package. This includes the .dsc file,
 the *.orig.tar.gz file, the *.diff.gz file. Put them in a directory.

        Unpack the sources with dpkg-source -x *.dsc (look at
 dpkg-source -h). If things don't unpack, this is a bug in the
 package.

        cd dir. Edit away and increase the buffer. Then do
 ./debian/rules binary. You should have the .deb file created for you

        This assumes you have dpkg-dev, and the gcc and things that
 are needed to compile packages. (unfortunately, source dependencies
 are not yet implemented, so I don't know exactly what you may need).

        Hope this helps.

        manoj

--
 Conceit in weakest bodies strongest works.  -- Shakespeare
Manoj Srivastava               <url:mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>