--- Alair Pereira do Lago wrote:

Perhaps, the driver must be compiled inside the kernel, since some drivers
have their parameters analised in boot time but not in loading module time.

If there is some PNP card, you may have problems.
--- end of quote ---
I think you can put the parameters in the /etc/modules file.  I'm guessing,
though, since I have no parameters in there and it works ok. <fx: sound of
large piece of wood being hammered, hard>

I did have to compile NE2000 support as a module, though;  I never did get it
to work compiled into the kernel.

Stephen Ryan               Debian GNU/Linux 1.3
Mathematics graduate student, Dartmouth College