Hello,

I'm about upgrading to hamm, probably in the middle of it. THe system
works and no problems detected at all until I realised that my 'last' is
broken. 'login', 'sysvinit' packages are the new ones, but 'last' writes
complete garbage, and a slight view at wtmp shows something different than
my old bo ones...

Can be that logout / leaving an account wrecks it... hard to tell.

What can be wrong? What programs can modify/handle/wreck wtmp or last? I'm
using login ('course), mgetty (autoppp), several acct packages... but
can't figure out what's the problem.

ideas?

bye,
Peter