As perhaps others have already posted here, you must use the special/tecra
2.0.29 rescue disk to boot linux on an IBM thinkpad 760ED.  This is great,
but I'd like to use kernel 2.0.33 instead.  The problem is that I don't
know what changes to the kernel have to be made. Can anyone tell me or
point me to the patch(es)?

Also, I tried using the pcmcia-cs 2.9.6-3 package to get my 3Com 3c562
card going.  However, when I insert the card, it isn't recognized
properly.  Instead, I see

initializing socket 1
socket 1: Anonymous Memory Card
executing: 'insmod /lib/modules/2.0.29/pcmcia/pcmem_cs.o'
cardmgr: executing: './pcmem stop pcmem0'

Can someone help?