G. H. wrote:

> Well...  The PPP Server is almost working, still having one problem.
>
> When connecting to the Debian box with WIN95, Debian keeps giving a "PAP
> authentication failure for <username>"
>
> and then proceeds to disconnect WIN95.  I don't have Shadow passwords
> enabled and the name and password is valid.  Anyone have any ideas
> what's going on?

Uh, we need a little more info on your setup. What are you
using to answer the modem? (mgetty, uugetty, portslave, etc). Are you
using radius or straight ppppd pap?

Tim

--
 (work) [EMAIL PROTECTED] / (home) [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
          "The quality of accurate observation is commonly called