george bonser wrote,

> > 1) Ultra ATA 33 (UATA) hard drives

> No linux supports ATA33 as far as I know. If you can put the drives in
> EIDE mode (as most will), Linux will work fine.

There is a patch (I forget where, but it's out there) for the kernel to
support them.  I tried it, but my maxtor8.4 won't handle this mode at 83mhz,
only 66.  So I set the mode back down, and went back to my old kernel.

rick

- - --
These opinions will not be those of ISU until it pays my retainer.

- ------- End of Unsent Draft

------- End of Forwarded Message

--
These opinions will not be those of ISU until it pays my retainer.