"G. Crimp" wrote:
  >I am in the process of building a Debian 1.3 (kernel 2.0.30) system.  I
  >installed the dynamically linked version of gimp and the lesstif package.
  >When i try to run gimp I get
  >
  >     $ gimp
  >     gimp: can't load library 'libXm.so.2'
  >     $
  >
  >I've done a find on libXm.so.2, libXm, and libX with no results.  I've also
  >searched through the various library packages listed by dselect to try and
  >find something that resembled this or mentioned it in its description.  No
  >luck.

lesstif provides libXm.so.0.  libXm.so.2 is from Motif.

I see that there is a package gimp-dmotif (which conflicts with gimp).  If that
is what you installed, it requires Motif.  Install gimp instead.

--
Oliver Elphick                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Unsolicited email advertisements are not welcome; any person sending
such will be invoiced for telephone time used in downloading together
with a £25 administration charge.