Hi everyone,

Thanks for the suggestion to look at GNUS and the other responses.
My setup is similar to what Daniel Martin? described on his web page.
I had to enter several lines in the frommap to correct what the different
mail programs considered to be the from address:

bradshaw                          [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Lee Bradshaw)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Lee Bradshaw)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Lee Bradshaw)

freefall is my host, and mindspring.com is my isp and is set in visible
name.

I'm still having a problem with local mail though.  I can send mail
to a username without problems, but replying to this mail generates an
invalid address.  For example, in elm a reply to a local message "From:
bradshaw", would be addressed "To: [EMAIL PROTECTED](none)".  I could
qualify all from addresses even in the local transport so that replies
would be forced through the isp, but I'd rather keep the mail local.
I saw a suggestion to use someething like "@home.net" for local users.
The MUA's I've seen try to qualify the username and that dummy address
might be the thing to use.  Please send your suggestions, or I'll post
if I get things improved a little more.

Thanks,
--
Lee Bradshaw                 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (preferred)
Next Level Communications    [EMAIL PROTECTED]