Hi,

I have a strange problem which may have to do with ftp services.

A RedHat Linux box (2.0.30) acts as a gateway to the internet.
I has a built-in ISDN card (avm fritzcard) and is connected to
a virtual ethernet with Linux, BSD, SCO and Minix machines.
Via ip forwarding the rest of the ethernet can do ftp, http etc.

That of course basicly works. But:

my main workstation is a pentium with debian linux 1.3.1 (2.0.30).
When I do ftp to the internet via the gatway (redhat) the redhat
machines crashes totally. The last message is:

kernel panic: skpush: under: 001a4bf0:2 in swapper task - not syncing.

Now only a hard reset brings the redhat box back to live.
This happens not every time I use ftp via debian but very often.
And definetly it only happns from the debian box. Using FreeBSD,
SCO OpenServer, SCO Unixware or even Minix is OK over weeks and
months.

Any idea what can be the reason for my problem ?

Btw: network adaptors are WD8013 (redhat) and 3com509 (debian).

thx

berni

 mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED]                      - /  -
 homepage http://homepages.giessen.netsurf.de/~nk00455          /_