I recently installed Debian 1.3.1.

When I use xfig, everything works O.K. till I try to use text by pushing
the Text button and it freezes. Ocassionally,  one or two of the other
buttons also give this problem.

Have anybody else come across this? How do I proceed to debug this?

I am using a 486 PC with 32 meg memory, the swap partion is about 100 M
and the Linux partition also has about 300 MB free.

I did not have any problem on this machine with xfig with Slackware. In
fact I have another partition running Slackware linux, and I am able to
run xfig on that.

Sebastian Canagaratna
Department of Chemistry
Ohio Northern University