Michael Sicher hat gesagt: // Michael Sicher wrote:

> i need to install mysql but the package needs libc6.
>
> are there any problems when removing libc5 to install libc6? (i think
> there is a faq available somewhere.)
>
> or is it better to compile the mysql source instead of upgrading to
> libc6?

I would recommend doing the upgrade. If you strictly follow the HOWTO
in <http://www.gate.net/~storm/FAQ/libc5-libc6-Mini-HOWTO.html> there
should be no grave problems. There even exists an automatic upgrade
script that was discussed on this list some days ago. I think I could
mail it to you if I look for it in my mail folders. Or maybe someone
else here knows the URL ...

--
  Yours                         <a href="http://www.koeln-online.de/einblick/";>
  Frank Barknecht               Das Koelner Stadt- und Unimagazin