My advice to you is to not use their web interface. Somewhere they have a dial-up number for a special modem connection which uses a protocol known as IXO. Then all you need is a modem attached to the box which will be sending the pages. I can give you the software which will send a page (it even has a spooler). Then you can send pages with 'tpage someone "here's a bunch of text"'. I've also got a web front end to this program which I can send you (just a quick-hack perl cgi, I'm sure you could do better).

david oswald wrote:

Hello all...

Here's what I need to do. I have a Debian box and various processes
running on it that check various platforms (hp, aix...) for different
configurations that we monitor. Such as file system capacity... - once
we reach 95%, we want to send a page to the right guy/gal.

    I don't think this should be terribly difficult... You see we are
using MCI's paging service over the web already. We have taken this code
(java-script) and used it in house and created a little menu of
available persons to simplify the paging operation. HOWEVER this methods
requires manual intervention through someone's browser of choice.

   I have created a script providing the pin # and the message (which is
no problem) but HOW do I pass this information back to MCI to get it
processed if I'm not using a web based browser to fill in the message
fields. Is this something that I am over looking the obvious - I hope
so...

    I have provided the MCI Paging page
http://www.mci.com/connections/interact/sendpage/sendpage.shtml) , so
that you can get an idea of what I am dealing with, I hope I have made
it clear that it is our desire to automate the creation of the paging
operation through shells scripts, and NOT using a browser to fill in
these pages for us. I have also attached the _javascript_ (mci.htm) which
does some of this work for us but again it can only be used from a
browser.

I began to think something like telnet to www.mci.com:80 and interact
with it that way ?! I need some advice here...

Any help appreciated ... Thanx in advance...

Send a Page
Employee: (Select an Employee Name) Last_name1, First_name1 Last_name2, First_name2 Last_name3, First_name3 Last_name4, First_name4

Text Message
(maximum of 240 alpha-numeric characters for most paging services)

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]