At 22.42 07/02/98 -0500, Paul Miller wrote:
>When I set samba to USER mode, it doesn't accept passwords from windows
>machines.. It works from linux machines..  I'm using encrypted password
>and the lastest samba release.

I believe that the problem is simply in the login in win95 network
(netbeui, ipx/spx,
TCP/IP) because the line 'security=user' in the smb.conf presume
that the account on the server samba must be identical on both machines.
perhaps there is another possibility: you can use the username.map
in the samba config

>Another problem is that the $IPC resource isn't public, so windows
>computer won't browse the shares..
>
>Everything works in SHARE mode; unfortunately, I need to use user mode.
>Anyone have this problem?  How can I fix this?
>
>Thanks
>---
>Paul Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, finger for public PGP key

sorry for imperfect english,
ciao Antonio

Antonio Doldo
Istituto Superiore di Sanita'
Laboratorio di Chimica del Farmaco
Viale Regina Elena, 299
I-00161 ROME

phone   +39 6 49.90.26.82       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]