I'm upgrading a fairly new bo system to hamm following the libc5 to libc6 howto.

I've run into a problem when it comes to install libc6_2.0.6-3.deb as it
reports a conflict with libc5.  So I did as the HOWTO says and downloaded the
older version of libc5 from the link in the HOWTO -
libc5_5.4.33-3.deb and installed that, and repeated to install the new libc6,
but still got the conflict.

Where should I go from here, would it be safe to force the install?

Is it safe to shutdown my system considering I've already upgraded ldso, but
have been unable to upgrade to libc6 yet.

Thanks for any info

jason
[EMAIL PROTECTED]