On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, Stefan Palm wrote:

> I've just installed debian (kernel 2.0.29) on an IBM ThinkPad 360 which
> neither has a CD-ROM nor a network connection (yet).
> Therefore I wanted to use "dselect" with the floppy drive (/dev/fd0 -
> msdos), but when I try to install new *.deb-files I get the following error
> message:
>
>     end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 sector 0
>     mount: /dev/fd0 is not a valid block device
>
> Does anybody what's going wrong here?
> TIA
>
> Stefan

IBM Thinkpads have some kind of weird floppy controller and you need
to add "floppy=thinkpad" to your lilo or loadlin command.  At least,
that's what people have said...it doesn't seem to help on my 380ED.

--Norris

--
Norris Preyer                   (541) 962-3310 (office)
Physics Program                 (541) 962-3873 (fax)