On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, DAVID B. TEAGUE wrote:

> I installed Debian 1.1 and for a year things worked quite well.  I could
> send mail, receive mail via popmail, and use ppp for web access, fpt and
> telnet. Except for some problems getting logged in last Christmas, which
> seem to have been resolved all has been well.
>
> Until recently, that is, when my ISP (campus.mci.net) began bouncing
> outgoing mail that has an unrecognized domain of origin.
>
> How in the blazes do i get a valid 'domain' I am assigned an ip number
> each time I log in?

Try the following:

--------/etc/smail/routers------------------------------------------------
smart_host:
        driver=smarthost, transport=smtp-rewrite;
        path=mail.bingo.baynet.de

--------/etc/smail/transports---------------------------------------------
[... other transports ...]

smtp-remap:
        driver=tcpsmtp, max_addrs=100, -max_chars, inet,
        remove_header="From",
        insert_header="From:
        ${lookup:from:lsearch{maps/[EMAIL PROTECTED] ($from:$fullname)}}",
        remove_header="Message-ID",
        insert_header="Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>",
        insert_header="Sender:
        ${lookup:from:lsearch{maps/[EMAIL PROTECTED] ($from:$fullname)}}";
        use_bind, defer_no_connect, -local_mx_okay, defnames

root            [EMAIL PROTECTED] (root)
YOURLOCALUSER   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (YOURNAME)

Hope this helps.

Bye

Daniel

Daniel Gross                                     eMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hollarstrasse 2                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
D-85053 Ingolstadt, Germany