Hi,
:-)

Someone using a lesser linux distro is asking me if there's any kind of
a lean navigation tool which indexes the typical Linux help facilities
built into his box such as man and info pages, HOWTO's, /usr/doc/*.gz,
and so on.

My only idea was that something like that might be possible using a
search engine (ht-dig), a web-server (apache), and a browser (Lynx or
Netscape) setup with mime-types for the various doc formats and
locations.  However, he would like a leaner, ready-made utility.

Do any of you less mortals know of anything that would fit this
description?

p.s.: don't look at my headers yet. :-)
--
David Stern