Hi Paul

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Paul Rightley wrote:
> I have persuaded a co-worker to install Debian on his machine.
> However, he has a LS-120 drive (essentially a 120MB capacity
> floppy) and no "normal" floppy drive.  I wrote a resc1440.bin
> (from hamm/main/disks-i386/current) for him since rawrite2
> will not work (apparently) with these disk drives.  The problem
> is when it comes to install the kernel and modules on the HDD,
> the system cannot mount the floppy drive.  I am trying to install
> Debian on /dev/hdb (an IDE drive), and /dev/hda has a NT installation.

Try loadlin! It is on the CD (on my German JFL CD it is in /boot or /disks I
think) but I don't know if this thing will work with NT. With loadlin (if it
works with NT ;-) you should be able to do a disketteless Debian
installation, but don't kill me if this is wrong, beause I've never tried it
before.

Bye

Daniel

Daniel Gross                                     eMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hollarstrasse 2                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
D-85053 Ingolstadt, Germany