I keep getting {DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error }'s and I
figure
it's all bad blocks.  I ran "fsck /dev/hda2" but it only seems to do a
cursory examination (not taking nearly as long as the scan when I installed
Linux) and I keep getting the same errors after presumably correcting them.
 So I was wondering what the utility was to thouroughly check all of the HD
for errors.
        Also, I've been told not to run disk checks while the HD is mounted, how
can I load linux sans mounting the HD?  does it work if I boot from a
floppy?